Before you know how to make a Shopify Dropshipping store, you should know the basics of dropshipping. It works like a retail shop but the only difference is that here you do not store products you sell. You never see or handle the manufacturing or shipping of the product but still sell it and earn profits. When you get an order, you buy the product from a third party and deliver it directly to the customer.
The biggest and the only difference between conventional retailing and dropshipping is that the seller doesn’t store products. Here, the seller purchases products directly from a manufacturer or wholesaler and deliver orders directly to the buyer.
Let’s now look into the advantages and disadvantages of creating a Shopify Dropshipping store.
Advantages of creating a Shopify Dropshipping Store
Dropshipping offers a whole lot of advantages that make it the bestselling technique of recent times.
- It is easy to start as compared to any other selling method.
- You don’t need a lot of capital for dropshipping.
- Overhead charges are the lowest because there is no physical product handling involved.
- There is no limitation on locations and you can operate dropshipping sitting anywhere in the world.
- Since you don’t have to store the products physically, you have the liberty to keep a big number of products in your online store.
- More products mean more chances for sales that lead to more profits.
- Dropshipping requires lesser workload as compared to traditional retailing.
Disadvantages of creating a Shopify Dropshipping Store
When there are pros, there are cons as well. Nothing to worry as the disadvantages of dropshipping are very few as compared to the advantages.
- The very basic disadvantage of dropshipping is the low margins. Since you don’t own the products and only take commissions, hence the margins are on the lower side.
- In dropshipping, you don’t really store products physically so the managing of inventory is a bit tougher. It’s hard to keep track of all the in and outflow of products.
- Dropshipping offers you the liberty of getting products delivered to the customer directly by the manufacturer. Since you are not personally involved in packing and shipping so some complexities are more likely to happen every other day while shipping.
- Since you are not the actual supplier of the products, the supplier errors fall in your bucket as well.
Let’s look into the simple process of how to make a Shopify Dropshipping store.
Like any online store, the first step here also is to find related products. Also, you should research as much as possible about the availability, price, shipping, and other details. After selecting products, filter the products based on your interests and the market needs.
Find the Supplier
The supplier is the main part of dropshipping. You need to be very careful in choosing the supplier that has all the products you need.
Register on Shopify and list Products
After deciding the products and suppliers, you need to register on Shopify and list your products. Registering on Shopify is free and easy. In addition, listing products on Shopify is simple and quick.
Get Orders and start dropshipping
Get traffic on your store by inviting people through the link or by posting free adds on social media. You can also choose the paid advertisement as long as it helps. Once you have the orders, you can request your supplier to dropship the products directly to the buyer. The supplier delivers the products to the buyer and you keep your margin from the sale. The overall process is quite simple and stress-free. No wonder why every other person talks about it and why hundreds of thousands of people have become successful via dropshipping only.